5.1.10

500 for love








I love small things. Blame the estrogen.

I love fast things. Blame Hollywood, Tom Cruise sliding across the floor in his underwear, and Days of Thunder.

The Fiat 500 is one of my favorite cars of the first description, and I can't wait for the new Fiatsler to bring the tiny deathtrap back to US shores.

Unfortunately, it seems like these mini cars will be getting the Biggie-size treatment, with a longer, wider, and more "accommodating" version more fit for robust American bodies.

Embiggened microcars? The charm of these little 500s has always been their diminutive size. Is it sad, then, that the best I fear I can I hope for is a new Chryco 500 that's smaller than the newest Coopers?

Yes.

Until they arrive, I'll just have to enjoy dreams of this lil' rat-motored terror from the 2009 SEMA show, and marvel at what might have been.







Photographs via the Autoblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment