23.7.10

the farnsworth parabox black hole




DAMN GIRAFFE GOT LOOSE AGAIN


I love Futurama. On some days, it's my favorite show on television. Other days, however, I defend it vigorously as high art, forward-thinking science, and ground-breaking philosophic inquiry.

Not often, but still.

One Futurama episode in particular throws me into fits of hysterics whenever I watch it: the Farnsworth Parabox. An obvious play on the word "paradox", the episode involves one of Professor Farnsworth's experiments, which creates a parallel universe, fully contained in a box.



INSERT BIG BANG JOKE HERE


What has me thinking about this is, of course, something stupid I read on the internet about our universe existing inside a black hole in another universe. The universe that the black hole containing our universe is in is in a black hole in a different universe.

Or maybe this one.

Or something.

All of which leads me to daydreaming about an imaginary, parallel world where my best friend is a small, computerized cube what talks to me about robots, Godzilla, and sometimes transforms into a museum tour guide. Sort of like K9, but without any of the creepy "am I supposed to walk it?" vibe, you know?

Maybe you don't, but that's OK - it's the weekend, people! Live it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment