6.1.11

helmet time



THAT LASTED 5 DAYS

2011 was supposed to be my year of fiscal responsibility, hard work, and self-denial. I was off to a good start, too, having sold my XBox and committed to a solid 4-week budget. Things were looking good - that is, before I discovered the Luxist blog and was reminded me of a simple truth: I want expensive things.

The expensive thing getting my attention today is the limited-edition TAG Heuer helmet up there, which includes the bitchin' fly screen and features racing stripes matched to the colors on Steve McQueen's driving gear from the movie Le Mans.

At about 650 USD, it's not that expensive of a helmet, really - but not really an improvement over the 200 USD Snell-rated brain bucket I wear now.

:: sighs ::

Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment